TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petex3 View Post
You may just need to adjust the rubber stoppers (on the tailgate itself) if it's that difficult to close. The only thing you need to be careful of is that you don't have them in too far as then the tailgate can rattle when you're driving (mentioned elsewhere on this forum).

I actually think mine closes with a nice thud and I wouldn't say I have to slam it shut either. I guess on some maybe the number plate is loose and it's that which causes the rattle effect?

Just to add - It has no automatic pull in mechanism if you just try and close the tailgate gently, as Clive mentioned you would need the electric tailgate and that wouldn't need any manual intervention (well, shouldn't!).
Thanks for the update guys..

Yes, did think the Number plate may need some adhesive strips as that could twang. If I drop the tail gate the last say 12" it doesn't close under its own weight, if I give it moderate assistance, it doesn't close, bit of a firm slam (not swinging off it) it thuds shut!

Did see the rubber stops, but as this is a used car I'm assuming it's possibly setup right, as the original owner would of had it in with BMW for sure.

There is such a noticeable difference from shutting the doors to the tailgate, the doors shut with a real nice sound and little effort, the tailgate sounds cheap with what I consider to Much force to close, as stated it does need a bit of a slam...

Will have a play today

Thanks again guys
Appreciate 0