06-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, M2C, Ferrari 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
I've got Oyster leather, and I love it, but at almost 1600 miles now, I'm already starting to see a slight discoloration from my jeans rubbing against the first ridge of the sport seats from getting in and out a lot. I see BMW sells a black or beige cloth cover, but was wondering if anyone found a good alternative that would match the oyster better... or if you have the ones for the 2011 X3 how do you like them?

Doing a search on google I see there are some sheepskin oyster, and other cover alternatives out there, but they are pretty generic for a lot of cars and not sure how any of those would fit the sport seats. I really only think I need something for at least for the driver's and maybe passenger seat bottoms, not nessesarily the backrests.

After taking a trip this week thru the mountains and doing some hiking etc, I'd really like something I can slip on the seats to help ease the cleaning needed later after outings like these.
I have ivory (=white) leather in my Z4 that is a daily driver, which includes trips to/from the gym, lumber yard, etc. The only issue I ever had was dye from jeans, and it wiped off immediately. So unless you want seat covers, I'd suggest merely wiping off the dye stain once and a while. I got it off with Lexol, but other's suggest a woolite/water mix. Disclaimer: I only own one pair of jeans, so this isn't a common occurrence with me. If there was a real issue, I'd ditch the jeans before resorting to seat covers on a nice car...
Appreciate 0