View Single Post
      11-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #44
kglo
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i

I just had my Alpine White X3 sealed with Optiguard yesterday - I didn't really want a piece of plastic on my car (I've done 3M Clearbra previously with my Audi A3 - it started to peel and was really visible).

Google Optiguard (or Opticoat) and see if that is an alternative for you guys - the results seems to be quite good on people that have had this done (lots of pics on the web). It provides a harder surface for BMW's notorious soft paint. The additional benefit is that it makes washing the car a lot easier and virtually eliminates the need for waxing (its good for lazy guys like me!). Also, the Optiguard can be added to all surfaces (except windshield and side mirrors for safety reasons) - so surface area wise, its pretty good protection.

If you are in the Toronto area - Bryan from concurstouch is who I went with and he did an amazing job and is fully insured to do this procedure - my X3 looked better than when it came off the lot. (Again, his reputation speaks for itself when you google his name)
Appreciate 0