View Single Post
      01-20-2024, 03:40 PM   #9
lidation
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 F25 w/ N20 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris55552 View Post
I just did the same thing, including radiator so I feel your pain and frustration. I had hell getting it off myself but finally managed after doing several things including tapping carefuly with a hammer just to knock the connection loose, also used dawn soap and lubricated the connection point with it, I then got a large set of channel locks with a grip large enough to grasp the entire connection point, wrapped a washcloth around it to prevent metal to plastic contact and damage. Grabbed it with the channel lock pliers and and just shifted it back and forth, up and down and side to side to jar the connection loose and it finally broke free. Just be sure to remove any dawn soap residue for obvious reasons, the dawn did come in handy when It came time to reconnecting it. I poured a couple of drops onto my finger and rubbed it around the fittings and it helped it slide back on, it actually helped alot and would have been hell attaching it without it. Channel locks were the key, along with the soap.
Good to see another fellow F25 owner did this as well. I was also able to get it off as well. my method was to cut the small hose, then use the T as a leverage and stick a metal bar into the T to rotate the thing by about 90-degree, this way, I get the flange to be above some engine block features that sticks out. I then use that as a leverage point to pry the fitting out of the engine receptacle. For lubricant, I used a ton of WD-40. I later flushed my engine coolant channels to get whatever WD-40 i there.

Thanks again for chiming in! And I hope future folks could benefit from these discussions.
Appreciate 1