View Single Post
      03-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #38
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
Scott sorry but is that the only thing a performance manufacturer like BMW can come up with. Watch out when Porsche drop down into the 1.8d space!! Truth is the X4 is a poor design and looks like Porsche will have it licked! I have just ordered a 3.0d LCI X3 but only because the BMW gives me the boot space I need over the Macan. The Macan has a better interior and from all the reports drives a lot better then the BMW. Need to up your game BMW. Get some new designers to start with !!
The X4 in Europe as an example will offer customers affordability over the Macan. For Porsche to drop down then it will be A VAG engine something which Porsche are against.

What is the X4 but a downsized X6 and that is where the appeal lies there are customers who want an X6 in the markets where X6 is successful but find it unaccessible. This is where the X4 comes in.
And stylish crossovers are booming and eradicating traditional segments.
Again this is where the X4 comes in.
The X4 will be offered in a range of engines to appeal to a lot of customers with different needs as well as specification.

If the X4 is a success? Then we will see an "M3 on stilts" X4M.
That is when things could get interesting.

In regards to getting new designers?
My own personal opinion is that we don't need new designers but cars like the X4 etc will appeal to new customers.