View Single Post
      02-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Marla17
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

Got the scoop from my dealer on the 6NR!!

My dealer sent me all of the info and here it is directly from BMW! This is from a March Production Changes Bulletin dated January 28, 2011

BMW is proud to announce the availability of "BMW Apps" as a single option (6NR). Coming as the next advancement in BMW's Connected Drive Strategy, BMW apps will provide a new, unique way of connecting the driver, vehicle and Iphone. For the first time drivers will be able to experience the latest app technology via iDrive. Please be advised that adding option6NR to any vehicle will automatically add Smartphone integration (6NF) without an additional charge. 6NF will no longer be available as a standalone option.
Apps will consist of the BMW Connected Apps and BMW Certified 3rd Party Apps. The BMW Connected App is a free package available for download at Apple's App Store and currently includes Web Radio, Facebook 7 Twitter. Announcements for BMW Certified 3rd Party Apps will be forthcoming.
Plugin allows the user to take advantage of Apple Itunes features (such as Genius, album art, compiling playlists, etc.) that were previously unavailable. In essence this function brings the look and feel of Apple's Ipod interface to the iDrive display (requires snap in adaptor). Video playback enables the user to view any video playback from their iphone via the iDrive display when the vehicle is stationary.
BMW Apps will be available for X3 models as of April.
Iphone models supported include the 3G, 3Gs or 4 enabled with the BMW connected app available free of charge at Apple's App Store.
Appreciate 0