View Single Post
      09-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #175
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGunn View Post
Wow, reading this thread and seeing the extended waiting times makes me realise how lucky we've been....

We went into our local dealership last saturday to spec up an X1 for my wife. She'd test driven an X1 before we got our F20 so was happy with the way it drives and was pretty sure about what spec she wanted - X1 XDrive 2.0d Xline trim, automatic, oyster leather, sat nav, comfort access, sun protection glass, etc.… All was going OK until she asked if they had an X1 in that trim level around so she could see/feel/sit in it. There was one on the stock list but no-one knew exactly where it was (they have several storage lots around the dealership), so off goes the salesman in search of the missing X1…

While he was gone, I started wandering around the showroom looking at the cars (as you do) and found a Carbon Black X3 LCI 2.0d MSport auto – I thought it was their demonstrator and had a good look over it and it was really nice inside. It wasn’t ‘fully loaded’ by any means, and was missing Xenons, but had lots of kit as standard and the panoramic sunroof meant the interior wasn't too dark even with black leather.

Whilst looking it over I was chatting to one of the salesladies who’d been trying to help locate the X1 and she said that the X3 was unregistered as it was a cancelled order that had just arrived. My wife came over to see what I was looking at and cooed at the X3, admired the colour, sat in it... and fell in love...

By then they'd located the X1, so off we went to see it… my wife looked at it, then looked in it and her face just sunk… 20 minutes earlier she’d have loved it but, after the X3, it was a bit of a let-down, so…. on our way back to the showroom, I broached the subject of the X3 with the salesman… we had a chat about figures… they moved another two cars out of the way so they could get it out of the showroom for a test drive… Drives very well for a truck, the wife’s smitten… so back to the showroom and half an hour later the paperwork’s all done and we're picking it up next Saturday...

Here's the wife with the new baby just after the test drive

The x1 is overdue a facelift for me, but that x3 in carbon looks great. Still 4 months till my car shows up.
Appreciate 0