View Single Post
      03-27-2017, 03:15 PM   #20
TheElementalCashew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Uh huh, just a lowly Camaro that can keep pace with the "almighty" exotic's.

At least regular people have a chance at owning such a capable car and not have to deal with limited stock or finding no dealers that add $50k+ on top of MSRP to a car.

Comparing a car to a similar customer base? No. That's plain ignorant and someone who's scared to admit that a car like the Camaro can actually compare to a exotic in the terms of performance.

Thanks for the writeup Elemental. Are you getting ready to take it out to the track or road course in the near future?
To your point about dealer markups, I did run into a couple dealerships, in San Antonio and Austin, that were asking $5K-$10K over MSRP for manual transmission ZL1s. I drove to Houston and was able to get $4K below MSRP.

I'm not a big drag strip guy, but I do hope to get to COTA or another track with the local BMW group here. They are a pretty good group of folks and didn't boot me from the group after they found out I "betrayed" BMW. I spend a lot of time overseas for work though, so we'll see if track time becomes a reality.
Appreciate 0