Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
See, it won't make the car "handle better" or even give you better feel. It just stiffens it.

So the test is simple, while parked, turn the wheel left and right, then turn DSC OFF and see if it requires more effort then.

If it does, I'm willing to bet you can retrofit the "modes" button. If it doesn't, I don't think it will make a difference for you (I believe the EPS will be different in that case, and more money to retrofit).

Give it a go and see if it makes it stiffer.

If it gets stiffer you already have an "option", albeit it being less safe (no traction control or stability management).

With the modes you'd be able to configure Sport to give you a stiffer wheel with traction/stability controls still on (allowing you to turn cruise control on while in sport, for example).
Interesting, that makes sense I will test tonight after work and report back. I really miss the hydraulic steering
Oh when I drive it I hate it... I hate the "vagueness" on centre, keep having to correct it to keep it straight it's so weird. When I drive the 135i it's just so much better... but the X3 is lighter to park lol
I just tested the steering wheel with DSC off and on, and it changed settings on iDrive to sport with the little X3 turning to red. The steering definitely feels heavier when I press the DSC. I have not seen this before, I guess I never held the DSC button long enough.
So yeah, I think if you retrofit the buttons it would work.

I'm not sure what's involved in it, if it's cheap you can give it a shot. Perhaps it's one of those things that it's just plug and play. Not sure.

You can have a heavier steering this way for now though, but you'll see it's just that... no better feel
Appreciate 0