Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      08-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #2170
Kiernan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition/911 GTS

Well, following on from my earlier posts about ordering a manual, took a drive in the dealers automatic demo at the weekend.

Tried to be as objective as possible, but I'm sure that would be impossible as we still have our pre-conceived ideas. Anyway, whilst I found it to be a really good gearbox, I didn't really warm to it, so the order for a manual is still on.

I was also concerned that the steering might be too light and that I might have to consider the Variable Sport Steering option, but the car I drove (an M Sport on 19's with sports suspension and standard steering) felt fine - OK, it wasn't the most feelsome, but it has sufficient weight to keep me satisfied and I really enjoyed the drive.

The only changes I made to the order were to add the Access Package (had already specced the powered bootlid, so £320 extra for Comfort Access seems reasonable) and replace Heated Front Seats with the Cold Weather Package. Never had a car with a heated steering wheel, but thought what the hell!.

Car should be going into production w/c 20/08 and due at the dealers on or around 07/10. They're going to try and get it in before the end of September to get into Q3 figures which suits me fine - I hate waiting for things.
Appreciate 0