View Single Post
      09-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #30
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.skytech View Post
The Bimmer will be the primary but I am the only one who drives. Yes i think it is a female thing. We went to look at them yesterday and she was like "Are you crazy? How can you think that the 5 would be better than the X3?" I told her that in MPG it is and in looks too. Then she was like "Get whatever you like" you know what that means. All that aside, I am looking to rent a 535 or 525 2011 -now for a week to see how it would be living with one since I have an MDX. Know any places in NY that can help me out with this?
If you are the primary driver, definitely get what what you want. I once made the mistake of buying a car my wife wanted for myself, I hated driving that car and traded it in after a year. ironically, it was a SUV
The 5 series is quite a bit better in quality and material, the chassis is based off the the 7 series' chassis and they share quiet a few components as well.
I guess if you have to get a SUV to please the wife, the X3 35i with adaptive suspension is not a bad way to go, it will be quicker than 535i and handle about the same. The material will not be as good and it will have more road noise.
Have you ever try this site for rental, its like a craigslist for cars, the prices seems pretty reasonable.

https://relayrides.com/search#location=New York, NY&makes=BMW
Appreciate 0