greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
I still have small amount of buyers regret when I see a Q5 in white or black with 19" + rims - it beats the X3 on looks hands down but.... the performance in the audi diesel engines is sluggish and cant live with the bmw

Also considered Xc60 volvo, F10 bmw and XF jaguar
I had a lead on an Audi 2.0T equipped about as I wanted it although had the 19"s not the 18"S and it did NOT have their sound system upgrade - i think its Bang & Olufsen). it was on a boat at the time I ordered my X3 - destined for a local dealer. In the end the X3 ordered to spec won. Dukat - i forgot about that joke mesh sunshade - that's gonna get hot in the summer.

Tell you what, if you had the Audi w/ the 19" rims, the first time you took a corner and the steering felt like a Chevy Suburban, you'd have buyers regret over the X3.

Space and size Q5 vs X3 - as Dukat said, if the Q5 is bigger, you can't tell - maybe a little bit behind the rear seats, but negligible. As for the runflats - I already dealt with the acceptance of RFT tires when I bought the 328 - i saw it as a huge drawback, and I got over it.

I kept seeing the commercial for Audi where the guy gets out of his 3 series on the highway and climbs up a truck full of audi's, and everyone one already has someone in it... "More BMW, Benz and Lexus owners are switching to Audi..." I really thought that would be myself as well. just didn't happen quite that way. I'm sure the folks on the Q5 forum on Audiworld miss my wit and sarcasm as much as you all enjoy it
Appreciate 0