View Single Post
      10-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

No sedan as i want ground clearance.
Our sewage system is not really good and often clogged, so when rainy season comes, we often get "small flood" (or really big puddles, depends on how you look at it ) which sometimes can reach 15-20cm depth, sometimes even deeper.
I have seen many BMW and Mercedes sedans are damaged due to hydrolocking because of the "puddles". Also read quite many complaints in the paper and local forum about that issue, usually noting that Japanese sedans around his/her German sedan passed it safely, why his/hers cannot.. (maybe the German sedans sold here should have come with "auto boat" feature)

While I personally have never encounter those deep "puddles" (thankfully), it is just a piece of mind knowing that I would be able to clear it if I happen to be at that wrong time and place (hopefully never).

If I were living somewhere else, I may have choosen the F10 5 series, Jaguar XF, or W212 E-class.

Why not X5, Q5, or LR..
X5 is sort of out of my budget for now, the price difference between X3 20d and X5 30d here is about 40k USD.
LR.. well don't really like the reliability record.
Q5.. no diesel offering here, doesn't handle as good as the X3, and I prefer the X3 interior design over the Q5. The Q5 sold here sort of have the "downspec'ed" MMI, which doesn't put the controller on the center console where your hand is resting, but up below the CD slot in the dash.
Although I have to admit.. I agree with Bimmer UK's post below

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
I still have small amount of buyers regret when I see a Q5 in white or black with 19" + rims ...
Appreciate 0