View Single Post
      10-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

X3 has the best listed mpg for it's class/power.

MB GLK - I liked the ride, but I didn't like the exterior shape or mpg.

Audi Q5 - I was back and forth between the X3 and Q5. The Q5 feels like your driving a sedan which is a big plus. What I didn't like was..
- Perforated mesh like sunroof cover that never completely blocks out the sun and doesn't offer any sound insulating properties like a regular sliding cover.
- Trunk has a lip which makes it impossible to lay in the back comfortably with legs sticking out.
- Rear seats don't fold flat. X3's seats aren't completely flat but much flatter than the Q5.
- Non-wide screen Nav looked really cheap after seeing the X3's wide screen
- Too many buttons everywhere. I love tech and gadgets, but there were so many buttons it looked messy
- Love audi steering (rally car feel), but I hate the fact that it looks like they put a bun on the steering wheel
- Specs say Q5 has more interior & cargo space than the X5. I test trove both 4 times before making a decision. X3 felt far more spacious to me. I was able to lay in the back of the X3 and close the tailgate. Couldn't do that with the Q5. I'm not going to argue the specs but I can't imagine how the Q5 can possibly be bigger inside. It felt much smaller.

Infinity EX35
- I agree with Greg, too little space inside. It's an SUV with no more space than a small sedan.

X3 has a few negatives.
- Some cheap materials, like the door pockets.
- Lots of forum reports of moisture/flooding in the car.
- Excess wind noise
- No place for a spare if you don't want to use Run Flats

X3 won! It should arrive by the end of this month!