View Single Post
      03-11-2015, 01:44 PM   #9
Jordster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by exon View Post
Also DWS is pretty soft, so handling is so so. I switched to Michellin MXM4 later and felt like it is a better tire all around except for snow performance. But even though MXM4 handled better than DWS, i still think it is a bit soft for X3's sportiness. I thought Pilot Sport A/S maybe a good fit for X3 but they don't seem to offer the right size.
MXM4? Do those come in different models? Because the MXM4s that came on my last car (Civic Si) were absolutely awful and overpriced. They were over $250/tire. I bought Conti performance tires for half the price that handled MUCH better.

I'm not sure why this board likes A/S rubber so much. I can only imagine them being useful in a place where it snows often in the winter, but never with any real accumulation or icy conditions.

If you live somewhere with a warm climate, wouldn't you want summers all year round? You can get performance tires that aren't super aggressive and don't wear out overly quickly, and they dramatically improve the feel of any vehicle.

If you live somewhere that snow is prevalent and accumulates in the winter, you really should invest in good snows. I live in a place like this (Toronto, Canada) and snow tires have provided safe commutes while most people stay home during a winter storm.
Appreciate 1