04-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpath View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome. It is scheduled to be built Week 18, which is next week. I will hopefully receive it by the end of May.

One quick question: I did not opt for the Smartphone Integration. I have an iPhone, but I didn't think this option was necessary. Am I missing something? What specifically is the benefit of this option?
Welcome, and congrats on the X3!

As far as the Smartphone option, I'm not an expert on that yet - but there are two ways to get it: Standalone S.P. option which I belive provides the ability to charge the phone (optional cradle required ), increases signal strenth by tapping into the shark fin, and provides some degree of better integration. The other is the 6NR option BMW Apps, which includes the above, but also allows many of the iPhone/iPod functionality to be displayed and controlled via the iDrive.

Without either, you will be able to pair your iPhone via Bluetooth and make and recieve calls, your contacts will be uploaded to the vehicle, as well as recent call list and missed calls. That's about it.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0