QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by plob View Post
Nice spec QT
Hope the wait passes quickly.

When I was choosing my specification, I also chose a lot of extras (like sports seats, variable steering etc). After posting on this site, I received lots of useful information from others who had gone through the same process. As a result of these posts, I changed from an SE to an M Sport model. It was pointed out that the price differential was just about absorbed because many of the options I had chosen to add to the SE were included in the M Sport anyway.

For example, in your case it would include the following options you chose:-
Aluminium interior trim - £255
Run flat tyres - £205 (and you get the 18" wheels too)
You wouldn't need the Xline Package (subtract £490)
Performance Control / Servotronic Steering - £380
Sport seats front - £440

The difference between the 20d SE and M Sport is £2695. The above options make up for 1770 of that amount. So, an M Sport would still be £925 more but you also get other features not available on the SE.

It's your choice of course - the SE is a great looking car. I just wanted to make sure you'd taken this into consideration - because I hadn't
Thanks Plob, I did look at it (don't think that the 2.0 M Sport includes the servotronic steering, although does include the PC), but not sure that I can justify the extra cost (even thought the wheels and extras would be nice....). If I didn't mind sports suspension, though, and dropped the VDC.... I could go for the M Sport OR I could go for the dynamic package on the SE (and get the nice wheels)...

Oh....
Appreciate 0