View Single Post
      01-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

I test drove a 35i with it and while I thought it was kind of cool... it had a hologram effect where the display numbers look like they are actually kind of floating outside the windsheild about a foot in front you... I'd personaly probably pass on it since it costs like $1300 extra and with all the other options to quickly soar the price on up, it's the one thing I'd probably leave off.

The other thing I noticed was when I sat in both an X3 with the display and one without, the one with the display has a large square opening on top of the dash in front of the steering wheel where it projects. I personally liked the look of the dash better when it didn't have the display opening and was just closed and smooth on top.

Also, for me, I feel I can easily and safely glance at the speedometer, or glance over at the nav to see my position while I'm driving just fine.

If you don't mind a big square opening on the top of the dash and don't mind spending 1300 extra then it might be a fun feature/luxury to have, but I wouldn't pick it over most other options.
Appreciate 0