Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT_Addict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjak View Post
First of all apologies if this has been discussed anywhere else... I did a general search but only found stuff on the kidney grills!

Anyway, I've damaged the lower M Grill on my 2017 X3 M Sport. Have located a replacement at a good price but wondering how on earth you fit it. Scoured YouTube and Google for hours but can't find a definitive answer.

The bloke in BMW told me it should just slot in once the old one is removed. Anyone have any experiences with this that can help me out?

This is what I'm taking about...
You need to remove the bumper. There are tabs on the back of the bumper that slot into the plastic grille. They are very tough and you're probably going to have an easier time breaking the damaged grille to remove it.

Good news is that yes they just pop in and out.
You do not need to remove the bumper to replace the lower grille. Believe me, it is a lot easier to pop the damaged one out and slide/wedge the new one in as described above by StyleBimma.
I have already removed my bumper twice once to to replace the halogen foglights with LED foglights as fitted standard in the F15 X5 and secondly a parking sensor that was dislodged when it took a direct hit from a stone i have already posted a photo of my bumper off from replacing the foglights on this thread.