11-23-2011, 05:15 AM   #5
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M / CLA45 AMG SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreeze View Post
I like the system but I must say that (for me) the system in my Volvo V50 (the Dynaudio) was better.

I had the system without the additional subwoofer installed but nevertheless the bass was stronger. One of my "benchmark" songs is "hey boy hey girl from the Chemical Brothers which has a very very deep bass that the BMW isn't able to reproduce.

I'm not an audio expert but in the Volvo's equalizer you could change the 60 Hz range and in the X3 the lowest frequency you can change is 100 Hz.

Also, you could change the surround settings which I liked.

But I guess all of this is very personal. Any other people have experiences with Volvo's top range audio vs BMW top range audio?
In my opinion the Volvo's have the best overall sounding sound systems in any car at present. Largely down to the fact they run Dynaudio which are a beautiful speaker in their own right.

You'll find that what sets most sound systems apart is alot to do with amplification as well as the speaker. The base BMW systems don't run amps, whilst the higher end run higher end speakers as well as amps which make a huge difference in the overall sound.

I ordered by 2.0d with the base system as I'll be doing my own system in the car as I'm an audiophile tragic. Most people will be content with their stereo as long as it goes to a decent level and their ipod works!!! I have to have high end because I'm such a fussy bastard.
Appreciate 0