02-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #42
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
Have also used the credit card shuffle in the past but as it costs dealers money I have found now they won't do more than £5k which on an X3 doesn't get you too far. In my areas none of the dealer demos can be sold on pain of death from BMW until new ones to replace them arrive and for some reason this is frequently quoted as in April. So you might struggle to find one and even then get little discount. some dealer demos are actually sold but cannot be released until April - hope the buyers get something off.
Should have mentioned that you can't pay usually pay more £2,000 directly on a credit card but I transfer balances in advance using my normal monthly expenditure (rather than pay off the balance in full each month). You are effectively getting fee-free cash in return for a credit card balance this way.

That said, even if you took a direct cash advance with a 3% handling fee from a credit card and then transferred the balance to another card, this is only a one-off 3% fee usually, and the overall cost of borrowing is still £1,000s less compared with a 7% APR short term loan for example.

If you have a 900+ credit rating you can easily shift £20,000 on balance transfers this way.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0