View Single Post
      11-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
Thanks for the follow up! I can honestly say I have yet to read a post on the boards on any of the above mentioned engine issues they have listed. The only complaint on the brakes that I have read is that they need changed with fairly low miles on them. What a bunch of BS.
Totally agree. These NA cars have only been on the market for 22 or so months so how many miles have they seen? On average, not very many.

I also agree that because we have no idea what the sample size is, we have no way of knowing whether their survey has any merit.

My bet is it's a very small sample given there are maybe only 50k-60k F25 x3s on the world's roads(if even that many). CR is only good for NA so the that number is limited and then further reduced as the survey only went out to to CR subscribers.
I think most BMW owners think little of CR's ratings. Again, begging the question of how big was the sample size?

The survey also potentially stinks since it may be trolling for the negative.

CR needs to publish their methodology.

My only concern is I don't like the x3 getting a black eye that potentially hurts resale value. Especially if it's not warranted.
Appreciate 0