08-26-2015, 02:45 AM   #12
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petex3 View Post
I am now experiencing this on my X3 and wondered whether anyone else has experienced the same issue?
It almost sounds as though something could be stuck in the main section of the air vent and causing the same sound as mentioned in the OP.
Although I guess it could be the actual fan itself that is damaged / deformed and therefore you only hear the noise when it's running at full?

I need to book the car in for it's brake fluid change next month, so will ask the dealer to take a look. I thought I would ask if anyone else has had this issue and how they resolved it, just in case I can resolve it myself rather than let the dealer rip the car apart!

Cheers
Peter

Some 2 years ago, I had a similar noise problem on my 2012 F31 320d where a leaf had got ingested into the heater intake and was fouling the fan blades. I took it to a dealer and they removed the leaf and fitted a mesh screen that had not been part of the installation when my car was assembled. It is now a standard fitting.

Worth mentioning that to the dealer, because there are cases where the mesh screen has not been fitted on assembly.
Appreciate 0