Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
There's no mechanical difference between an N55 on a 135i or 335i E8x 9x or F3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
There is no moving goal posts. Man up and accept your loss - at this point you're trying to save face.

You said there are no difference between an E series N55 and F series N55: That's false -

11657648913 - Turbocharger is NOT found on ANY E series car.

And I like how you singled out my post but missed this gem

OnerDriver, to be fair you did say there are no mechanical differences on an N55 between 135i or 335i E8x 9x or F3x. And that is wrong, F3x could also be F30 LCI which obviously has EWG, its not like you stated "F3x Pre-LCI." So if someone who did not know any better and did not do any research, could listen to you and end up buy the wrong turbo replacement or wrong waste gate actuator.
While that is true, the intent here is to discuss their performance, not to assist anyone to get the right part for their vehicle.

And I was countering a statement that said E90 and F30 have different turbos, which is also false.

And, again, for the purposes of which car will be able to make more power, the initial statement of the turbos being different is incorrect. Sure BMW may have put some in the mix, and a new turbo came for some LCI vehicles (see the F35 still using the same turbo used on a E90 on its LCI version, for example).

So, again, what you're saying is true, but one can't take it face value that because one is an F30, it'll automatically be "faster" like the other guy said (he said E90 had a narrower power band and less power).
Appreciate 1
x3sm284.00