Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranism
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30M3Driver View Post
Wow, does no one remember what happened with Rover????
This is completely different from Rover. BMW was looking to expand and thought they could simply restart Rover, throw some money at it and start making some cash. They didn't anticipate how Rover factories and management were in total disarray.

Saab is filled with engineers, builders and designers - coupled with a Scandinavian work ethic with an almost OCD level for perfection that seems to complement the nature of German engineering and business management quite nicely.

On top of that, before the company completely collapsed, Saab released the Phoenix concept filled with technologies aptly named the Phoenix technologies. The Chinese want it BAD, in particular YoungMan. If BMW does buy Saab, I suspect it's for this portfolio of technologies. The factory, its workers and supply lines are a totally separate issue but there's a lot of know how in Trollhattan that I would rather see in the hands of BMW than anyone else.

A new Saab 9-1 with quirky styling powered by a Bavarian turbo?
Agreed... I'm sure BMW have put in extensive thought before bidding... Either way, isn't it exciting to find out?!
Appreciate 0