View Single Post
      06-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
BMW Disconnected Drive

I would be very interested to learn how many others have one or both of these problems. I don't know whether it is endemic or just a handful of owners/users that have difficulty.

Problem 1: BMW Assist Messages (aka Map Destinations via Google Maps). This has never worked on my X3. It also is not working on my X5 either (same account ID and email address for BMW Assist). I have spoken with BMW Assist several times, and while polite - they are unhelpful. The last time, they admitted there is a problem affecting "a lot of folks" but no idea when it will be resolved. I talked to someone at BMW NA and was told "nothing we can do - that is BMW Assist, an outsourced service supplier".
Okay, just so I have this straight... if you can't send map destinations to your vehicle (a much advertised service/function) it is the responsibility of no one to resolve that. BMW Assist basically says "well, shit happens - what are you gonna do". And BMW NA says "even though it has our name on it, and impacts our brand and reputation, we really don't give a shit. Thanks for playing... please insert $.25 and try again....".
Okay, I can LIVE without the function... I can carry post-it notes to the car with addresses on them and enter them into NAV... and have been doing so. But I shouldn't HAVE to.... there is supposed to be a feature that makes this unnecessary, only it doesn't work. And BMW doesn't care that it doesn't work.

Problem 2: BMW Apps sucks. I'm hopeful that it will suck less in the future, and perhaps some day it might not suck at all... but for now it sucks. I have the BMW App on my iPhone, and it worked a few times, then just stopped working. It will not connect to the vehicle. I rebooted the phone. Nothing. Checked for an updated version of the app (none exists). Deleted and re-installed the app. Nope, didn't do it. I'm not sure if this is the vehicle, the iPhone adapter, the iPhone, or the application. This isn't as frustrating yet as #1, but probably will become so the longer it goes on.

So, curious how many people are affected by these or similar problems.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0