View Single Post
      10-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
XenaBimmer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 328i, '14 320i

Thanks, I'm looking at a set from **********s, and they said the factory lugs will work. They didn't mention hubcentric rings, but I'm going to make sure on that when I order. I'll probably go with the 8.5" width all around, because I believe the 18" M sport wheels I have are either 8 or 8.5 wide w/ a +35 offset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
Take a look at the TireRack selection of 20 inch wheels. They list what will work as far as offsets that will clear. The inner fender clearance, especially at the front appears to be the limiting factor. Don't think 9.5's will fit at the front.

You do need hub centering rings if the wheel bore is more than 72.5. Some dealers like TireRack will supply them automatically, while some will leave it up to you to find. Also, wheel mounting area thicknesses vary. The bolt length is critical. You must have at least 9.5 turns of lug bolt engagement. If the hub is thicker than stock, the OEM 23 to 25 mm bolts will be too short. Reputable dealers will know this, but not all dealers selling wheels are reputable.

Bolts are available in 25, 30, 35 and 40 mm lengths. The stock wheels (and most, but not all aftermarket wheels) use conical taper lug bolts. Some aftermarket wheels use spherical taper bolts. It's very important to have the bolts match the wheels, both in length and seat taper.