Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
i think the mud guards look good - very tempted to add them to mine soon
The mud guards don't sit flush to the body. The sticky rubber they include doesn't hold at all. I added my own double-sided tape. So far it's holding, not sure for how long. The rear guards won't sit flush and the tape isn't strong enough to hold them flush.

Word of caution. The front guards need to (not sure the proper name) push pins that hold them in place. They supply spare pins because to get the originals out you have to break them.

The rear guards need 1 push pin, but they didn't supply replacements so once you take yours out there's no way to get it back. Not sure how people without a machine shop are supposed to do it themselves unless they go out and buy spare pins. The pins are those black things with a pin in the center, you push in to lock them in place. They're often used in engine bays or the paneling under the car. The ones used around the fenders aren't reusable so you need spares.

Other than not sitting flush the guards look good and should keep lots of spray off the car.