View Single Post
      11-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
mistermagoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 x35i, 2015 X5 x35i

Is Cold Weather II necessary?

I'm finalizing my options list so I can submit my order tomorrow for a 2012 X3 xDrive35i in Space Gray Metallic paint, Sand Beige Nevada Leather, and Fineline Sienna Wood Trim. I'm going with Sport Activity, Premium, Technology, and Cold Weather I packages. I've decided to pass on Premium Sound and DHP packages since my wife will be the primary driver and will definitely NOT care about either of them, but I've been on the fence about Cold Weather II which includes rear-seat heating and headlight washers.

From what I read, people who have headlight washers wish they can turn it off, so I'm kinda leaning towards not getting Cold Weather II. However, since we're getting this vehicle because we're expecting our first child, safety is of paramount importance, and having the headlight washers to keep the headlights clean during the winter is comforting to me. That being said, we live in Manhattan, where we receive a decent amount of snow every year, but nothing terrible. Is it worth $450 to pay for a feature that may/may not be materially useful for the vast majority of the year, but will provide peace of mind in the event that we experience a nasty NorEaster?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0