Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey08 View Post
That's an interesting response. I think a bit of adverse selection is at play between a dealer and a buyer when there is haggling involved. Don't you? "Honor" isn't the question here, "Did the dealer have better information than me when we priced out the new car?" is.
Maybe the dealer did, maybe they didn't, but regardless a deal was struck no? My point is, if in fact a deal was made, buyers orders signed etc. Then effectively you gave your word. What would you say if the dealer called you back and said, "you know, I think we paid too much for your trade in" ?
I would say it all comes down to options in life for any dealer you are not the only person to whom he can sell his car, same time for any buyer he has so many dealers he can go to. If that is the case then why would any one has to pay more, agreed we should do the homework before signing on the deal, but if we find a better deal it's never too late. These days we get low price guarantee on most of the products we buy. Idea is a buyer should be happy about his purchase, this does not mean seller is loosing money, he is actually sharing his profit with the buyer. So I would say if he finds a better deal then it's pretty decent to ask the dealer to match the price.
Appreciate 0