United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Obviously a biased audience but want to hear your thoughts. Wife deciding between X1 and X3. If we do the X3 we're going M sport 35i. A few questions:

- It seems an almost certainty given BMW's lifecycle refreshes that the 2014 will be changed. Dealer says they think the spy shots are bogus and 2014 will be the same (of course). Thoughts?

- Any regrets on things you didnt get that you wish you did, or things you did get you wish you didnt?

- Lease vs finance - these X's seem to hold their value pretty well, making leases less attractive. Thoughts?

- Target price - looks like ~$500 above invoice is a fair target. So if MSRP is $55k roughly, and invoice is $51k, that should be about what I'm shooting for correct? Anyone have tips to get more? I have no team drive discount, USAA, college grad, or loyalty unfortunately so just leveraging holiday cash and whatever else I can come up with.

- Considered Q5, XC60-R, GLK - any regrets for those who chose the X3 over the competition?

Anything else we should know?
Biased audience- me included. If you love driving and the feel of the road, the BMW slogan is dead on. The others don't compare.

The X1 is a fun car to drive. It definitely drives totally like a car and not an SUV. The X3 drives better than any SUV I've ever driven, but feels more like a SUV than a car. The X1 would not be as good for hauling your stuff around and my wife was used to an MDX, so going to the X3 wasn't as big of a leap. In the end we wanted the extra storage space.

No regrets on package add ons. HUD is only one I didn't want. Glad I picked all the ones I did.

$500 over invoice is a good number to reach. You may need to get quotes from several other dealers to make this happen.

Leasing works if you're only going to put 10K miles/year on it and you want a new vehicle every 3 years and are willing to pay for that privilege. 10K-15K/year maybe works. Bottom line with leasing is that it's not as good of an investment, but a new car/SUV every 3 years is a luxury some will pay for.
Appreciate 0