12-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
I started looking into building my own custom route from the file you download via BMW Routes. Its a TAR.GZ and then ZIPPED file. It looks like it stores the route as GPS multi waypoints. Editting the XML file then re-zipping looks like hard work. + I couldn't find an easy GPS waypoint builder. I tried using Google Maps to produce a waypoint GPS build but it builds too many waypoints- how to thin it down to the essentials??
When I have some 'spare' time I might look into this again. I was hoping to build an excel macro to alter the xml with custom input.... time is not my friend at the moment

Example from XML...
</Address>
<GeoPosition>
<Latitude>51.52278731</Latitude>
<Longitude>-0.74266847</Longitude>
You don't need to fiddle the XML as you can save your own custom route with multiple waypoints from the website link above and then there are two options for transferring to the car: BMW online and USB data transfer. Have tried BMW online and can see my saved routes in the car, can also import them (via ConnectedDrive - Apps - Route Import) but then can't see how they are accessible from Nav menu? The pdf below shows "Saved journeys" but I never see this option under my Navigation menu

https://www.bmw-routes.com/data/rout...ne_both_en.pdf

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0