04-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #1472
Rich4
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 30d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
I have been told that my order has slipped a build week ... no shit!

Actually now I see the screen shot its actually slipped two weeks ...

What I want to know is why ...

I asked the dealer which cars went 5055 as scheduled for week 16 build and he said that the 20D derivatives ... so it looks like the 20Ds are being pushed before the 35Ds ... so much for the myth of 35Ds getting built first ...

All of that doesn't help me ... I need to get ride of my current by the end of May ... looks like I am going to be carless for a while ...

... its starting to grate me more and more that in the US they can just walk into a dealership, order a car and get it 3 weeks later.

Time for a pretty emoticon ... doesn't quite convey how I feel, but it goes some way there ...

I really sympathise with you Horsey and what a terrible blow. I have been waiting since November and whist I re-scheduled to a week 14 build to take advantage of the Drive Performance Control which I learnt was to become standard (which delayed things by 2 weeks), I then had to fight to get it back to wk14 as somehow it had gone out to wk17!. Its been hell waiting. The good news (though little consolation to you) is they seem to have shortened the build-to-delivery time to 3 weeks. The car landed today, and I chose my registration no. this morning; picking up from dealer week today—one happy camper!
Appreciate 0