View Single Post
      01-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #46
ShawnBoston
Rep
Drives: 2018 McLaren 570S Spider

Is there a prize for having the most unlikely to-from transition?

I came from a 2009 Porsche Carerra 4 Cabriolet (997.2, 6MT).

A funny thing happened when I went to the dealer to look at a 650ci replacement for my C4 Cab . . . I ended up with a X3 28i. LOL

The X3 isn't my Porsche's replacement, it is just meant to be something practical in addition to whatever 'vert I ultimately get (probably an Aston Martin V8 Vantage). I'll never get another Porsche, you can read why here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...long-post.html

In terms of comparison, you have a pure sports car on one hand and a fairly comfortable (large) vehicle that is reasonably sporty (for what it is). The X3 is much, much quieter and I think BMW's cabin tech is well ahead of Porsche's. It is also much less fatiguing on long trips and I don't drive it as aggressively as I did the Porsche . . . which I'm sure John Q Law appreciates.

Of course the Porsche was insanely tossable (when it was not broken) and, at the best of times, it felt like it was an extension of my driving will.

I had previously driven the Cadillac SRX and Mercedes GLK (rentals on biz trips) and I test drove the Infiniti EX35, the X3 is significantly better than all 3.
Appreciate 0