View Single Post
      10-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Theodoros
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3 f25

BMW service and foreigner in France just don't match

Let me explain:
I work in an international organization across the Swiss borders but i live in France.
A couple of months ago i reared my X3 slightly onto a pole and since I have a mixed insurance and well since it is a brand new car i decided to go to BMW to fix it.
The car was bought in Switzerland, with the dealer being near by BUT I have a French insurance meaning that I have to go to a French dealer if something outside the guarantee happens! Well I did not foresee that the closest dealership would be 20km away.
There would be no problem if BMW would give me a replacement car. But they didn't. And this is the fun part. Since I have a foreign driving license their insurance doesn't cover it and they did not bother finding any other means to bring me back (I was willing to pay of course). What aggravates me is that there is a huge number of foreigners in this area that own a BMW and like me live in France and in case of an accident they will actually be told to walk 20km. How can this dealership or BMW France have neglected this huge amount of customers?
Furthermore when someone rears slightly a car the technician and the insurance expert have to check two things : cosmetic work + if the boot closes properly. Of course they did not check the later and when I actually handed it in and I pointed it out they said they would take a look and the guy was surprised that it was not noticed.. I left the car there last Thursday and they told me that it would be ready by Tuesday, then yesterday, then today and now "normally" tomorrow with the delay being caused by the fact that they had to call the expert again and that they want to fix this but "it is very difficult".
This delay is their mistake and they accepted it but they just do not care whether I have no car and this is a huge problem to my work.
Now i started having doubts whether they will do a good job and not introduce rattles..
I am really disappointed. They really make it very difficult for a person like me to live with a BMW in France.
So.. just a friendly warning : keep away from BMW Saleve Automobiles in Annemasse

Last edited by Theodoros; 10-04-2012 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0