View Single Post
      11-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

ReturnZero-Thanks for posting on here and Flickr. Now I don't have to take off the doors! Some comments and questions...

Doesn't really matter if the woofer cone is inverted or not. The sound waves are produced each way, but out of phase to each other.

After reviewing your pictures I couldn't tell for sure if the oem speakers were mounted to the door interior panels (like my E60) or to the door. Which is it? Either way was there enough room for the adapter plate without modifications?

Looks like your installer did a great job. I bet it sounds better, than it even looks!

Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
Slightly off post- but with a basic audio system x3 is there is a speaker installed under the top of the dashboard grill? I was playing some music the other day and put my hand over the grill and could feel nothing. Is this location used for the BMW audio upgrades?
Here in the states, the basic system has tweeter/mid in all four doors and woofers under the seats. The premium system has additional speakers in the front under the dash grill and in the very rear.

From what I can gather in Europe you have three systems. The very basic which has single speakers in each door and woofers under the seats, a middle system which is like our basic system and a Dirac premium system whose speaker setup is like our premium setup.
Appreciate 0