View Single Post
      03-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #11
MinnJim
Rep
Drives: 2015 x3 28i

I am new to this forum, and new to BMW (assuming you don't count a 325i 30 years ago). Two weeks ago, I picked up a 2015 X3 28i (USA). This forum has helped me immensely, and I truly can't thank everyone enough for all the valuable information they have provided. Two things continued to confound me, though. First, it took me forever to figure out the audio/Bluetooth/USB system, but I think I've now got a pretty good handle on that. Then there was the "Headlight Courtesy Delay Feature." The manual made no sense to me, and nothing I tried seem to work.
I just got off the phone with one of the "geniuses" at my dealership. Here is the exact protocol he recommended (I keep headlights in auto mode): (1) hit "Start/Stop Engine Button TWICE; (2) Open Driver's Door; then (3) Pull high beam flasher before exiting vehicle. Upon reflection, I had been pulling the flasher before opening the driver's door.
I have NOT tried this yet. I intend to do so this evening. But in the meantime, wanted to both provide you with this information and also again thank everyone for providing such a helpful resource.
Appreciate 1