View Single Post
      05-19-2011, 05:39 AM   #19
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Can't we all get along??? Do you know what the REAL crazy thing is....BMW has caused all of this f-n chaos but making this feature/setup/option whatever the F you want to call it...impossible to understand. I think to the other user's point about Lotus7 and the removing the wheel, that really helps...see this thread: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...=520196&page=7

And like I originally said....that thread is a LONG @SS thread and is probably one of 8 or 9 I've read on DHP...

The one thing I think everyone will agree on is that the "dynamic dampening" factor is absolutely a DHP thing...and that it looks like per BMWs site (and what everyone here has discussed) that it can be setup on cars independent of everything else. Obviously as noted in other models, the BIG thing that DHP does is it will modify the suspension on an active and ongoing basis for each wheel individually...that is crystal clear! I honestly don't know if hitting sport or sport+ on a 35i changes the suspension to stiffer...I have not taken delivery yet...but what I do know is that it shows up in idrive and users have been reporting it feels stiffer...but what we all should agree on, is that even if the 35i does do that, what it doesn't do is active each wheeel individually (ie DHP) and changes the feel/setup of each wheel. It seems like if the 35 does do it, it's an all or nothing approach, whereas with DHP its an individual wheel approach. WHO THE F REALLY KNOWS EXCEPT THE CRAZY ENGINEERS WHO BUILD THIS DAM THING!!!

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...ics/index.html

Seriously though...let's all hug b/c we are in this together and I think the more each user posts the better it is...Judd I wasn't being contentious in the beginning either, but I just waneted to put it out there that on this VERY confusing topic, let's make sure that everyone knows it's our opinion....even if it's an educated opinion....or a VERY educated opinion...and not BMW fact. After all...many people are spending money based upon what they read here and we need to be sure we don't present our opinions as facts unless we know 100%....which I don't think any of us do...that being said great write up.

And the BIG THANK YOU can go to BMW for confusing the F out of all of us!
Appreciate 0