View Single Post
      03-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #8
Kiernan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition/911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
One of the reasons for having run-flat tyre insurance, for when you need to use the run-flat capability, and scrap the tyre.
HighlandPete
I've never been a believer in these extras that are offered when you buy a new car, but in hindsight the tyre insurance would have been worthwhile. After all, there's nothing to stop me picking up another screw and having to go through the same thing all over again.

There are some very good points made here, and even if I'd found a place that would offer repairs, would it have been safe? When you consider that those four rubber circles are the only thing keeping you on the straight and narrow, seems a bit silly to compromise it all to save a few pennies.

I think the dealers and insurance companies are missing a trick here though. Whilst the dealer mentioned tyre insurance when I bought the car, they didn't try to sell it to me; it was more like a box ticking exercise. Likewise, when I bought my car insurance, they were trying to sell me breakdown cover, legal expenses and all manner of stuff, but nothing like tyre insurance.

As the guy in the tyre place said, we will have these fancy cars with expensive parts......