midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoXS View Post
I do not agree!

Having had other BMWs going back to a shiny new red 1988 E30 M3, I very knowingly did not buy my X3 for a Toyota standard of reliability and dependability. I bought my X3 because no other car (at least than I can afford) provides the wonderful driving experience a BMW does. My 2002 3.0i Z3 (also bought new) is a mechanics wet dream but that car provides such a wonderful driving experience I wouldnt dream of trading it for an, ugh, Miata.

I could have saved a lot of money buying a Mazda or Highlander but I think there is a lot more to life than driving such boring machines. And, for that BMW experience, I do indeed accept a level of dealing with problems that would be totally unacceptable on any other car. Its kind of akin to why guys gravitate to gorgeous high maintenance women, they are a hell of lot more fun in the end (no pun intended).

BTW, I also have a Lexus RX350 and I do not think cars get more reliable than this absolutely terrible POS. I had to drive it almost 250 miles last weekend and hated the experience. It drives exactly like my Dad's heavy metal big bouncy 1950 and 1960 Buicks and Cadillacs. If the car was not fully paid for and in such good condition, it would have been history a long time ago (like 2 seconds after I drove it home from the dealer). My wife also likes it and that does matter too.
1). Look at my sig - we're both BMW boys so you don't need to convince me of driving fun etc...

2). I should have added a sarcastic emoticon after my post - my apologies!

3). #2 being somewhat accurate, I would never own a BMW out of warranty (which is why I lease em)

4). I loved my miata