04-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #3
TheCoolX3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 35i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebro View Post
The pure inlet is next to impossible to install on our cars. The OE inlet which you have to cut is very hard plastic and must be cut very close to the bend. Hardparker got it to work with some type of epoxy or JB weld. I went with the inlet made by AZ-MCRacer over on the F10 side of bimmerpost, but I also had to buy a new clean air pipe since the F10's is slightly different from ours.

If you want to try the Pure inlet, I have the one I tried to use and will be happy to send it over at a reasonable cost.

The DV is a quick mod if you have the turbo out of the car. Otherwise you're going to have to drain coolant + remove water pump to get access to all the bolts.
I may try the pure inlet because I intend to route the intake to the front of the car just behind the kidney grills, still doing some research on that. I saw a video where a guy did the DV+ on his 435i and he just removed the bracket for the water pump which gave him enough room to sneak the DV in and out.
Appreciate 0