View Single Post
      09-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #10
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
I love Rain-X. Have used it for years. Really reduces the use of wipers in light rain.
For me, the best results seem to be achieved by:

1. Clean the glass really well. I like to use Stoner Invisiglass (in the pressurized aerosol can).
2. Thoroughly dry the glass with a paper towel.
3. Take a 8 x8 inch piece of paper towel, fold it by quarters to a four-layer 2X2 piece. Saturate the folded towel with liquid Rain-X (from the yellow plastic squeeze bottle)
4. Apply the liquid Rain-X to the glass using rapid circular motion covering about 1/2 of the windshield or one full side window.
5. Let it completely dry to a "haze" (usually takes less then one minute)
6. Fold another clean paper towel, as above, saturate it with Rain-X and repeat the application being sure to cover all of the glass surface, and again, let it fully dry,
7. Wipe the glass with a full sized, soft paper towel. This will remove most, but not all of the "haze".
8. Lightly sprinkle a few drops of clean water on the glass and quickly wipe with a fresh paper towel- The glass should be very clear now and the towel should slide very easily.
9. Fill your windshield washer tank with Orange Rain-X Cleaner/de-icer fluid. If there is already de-icer fluid in the tank, remove as much as possible. The new Rain-X fluid does not work nearly as well if it's diluted with the cheap blue or green stuff.

By using only Rain-X washer fluid, the original coat of concentrated Rain-X will last much longer. For me it will last about 2 months. I usually clean the windshield by hand with a Spray bottle filled with the orange Rain-X fluid and paper towels every 2 or 3 days to get dust, bugs and road grime off. Whenever I clean the windshield, I always give the wiper blades a quick wipe, also.
always a wealth of knowledge
Appreciate 0