04-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
The original question is a good one. I have seen on commercial websites under 'contact us' coords to locate exactly a physical building in spare areas. Its not common in the UK to use coords but the only way to be accurate in some locations. I too think it should be a standard feature but cannot (until Oct) confirm its inclusion. I have seen on other sat navs that the 'current location' can be displayed as coords but entry of them appears not to be common
Maybe but if it's on a website you would never need to enter it manually on iDrive. You would always use Send to Car on Google Maps or via iPhone on BMW Remote. You can also use Google Local Search in the car and then add as a destination. Ultimately, if you have Internet coverage you shouldn't be entering co-ords manually on iDrive, unless someone just handed you them on a piece of paper. Could also be risky if you get one digit wrong!!

I'm not defending the nav for not allowing you to enter co-ords, just being pragmatic

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0