01-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #40
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmachine View Post
I just want Pandora to play on my radio! That's all!

It would seem easy enough to have anything music-related: ipod, pandora, Internet radio, NPR, etc.. that's on your iphone/ipod to play through your car stereo.

Personally, that's all I really want.
I haven't tried this but I thought that a new combox-based BMW with Bluetooth preparation should work regardless of 6NR, if all you want is audio. In my Ford, the Sync software takes a Bluetooth stream and puts it on the speakers. It does not matter if the stream comes from the iPod app, video, or a streaming service (I use Leo Laporte's TWIT TV app because Pandora is not available in Canada). I would imagine that all the iPhone sees is a receiver for its headphones output, which can be anything, even more so since iOS 4.x.

The difference is in displaying the album art, so that you know what's currently playing on Pandora, and possibly even giving you the chance to like an author or skip a song. That cannot be done at present. At least, this is my understanding from reading the docs because I did not have the chance to try it. I intend to though, as soon as my X3 is in my hands...
Appreciate 0