12-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
aedeau
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: VE Clubsport R8 LS3 6.2Ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by drodnyc View Post
cool, tell us how the it goes as far as ease of installation and performance results.

standing by....
I installed the BMS stage 1 tune today and it was a pretty easy install. The hardest bit is unclipping those connectors in the engine bay. It doesn't help that the X3 bonnet is longer and taller than the 3 series which makes access a bit difficult (unless you're tall!).

After installing the tune my car it threw an error, however after driving it for a bit (maybe 5 mins) the error seems to have gone away. The error wasn't a CEL error, but rather some warning about an issue with the traction control system. I took a video and will upload it soon. I'm not sure if the warning is just a standard calibration thing that the car goes through everytime the battery is disconnected or what? What I did notice however is that when the time automatically synced, the error on the dash goes away.

As a test, I removed the tune and then reconnected the battery and went for a drive. As per above the error popped up again, but went away after the time/date had a chance to automatically update.

At the moment I'm running in the standard +3psi setting, however I'm going to give it about a week or so/possibly a few days before I up it to +4psi. As my car odo is sitting at about 1600kms, I'm still keeping it below 4500rpm for the break in period, however I've already noticed a pretty big difference in both comfort and sport modes with the tune. In particular the car is much less laggy in comfort mode now (which I guess is to be expected as it's making more boost) and just has a bit more urgency to it when accelerating. Provided I don't get and other errors on the dash I think I'll be pretty happy with this tune.

EDIT:
Ok, so I did a bit of research and I think the error after the battery is disconnected is normal. The guy in the below video says the remedy is to turn the steering wheel full lock to the left, and then to the right, and then to the middle again. Apparently it's to do with loss of signal to the "steering angle sensor". Perhaps somebody else can confirm?

Last edited by aedeau; 12-13-2014 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: adding stuff
Appreciate 0