United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Bimmer View Post
lbjgh is right -- you need to spend the $1400 to get all the features of DHP. And yes, you want DHP. It makes a huge difference in the car's handling and the quality of the ride.

I have it on my 35i. I was given a 28i loaner this morning that does not have DHP. By the time I got to work, I was ready to trade the car in! DHP adds a subtle quality to the ride, but it is a quality that is a complete bargain at $1400.

On a side note, the N20 engine in the 28i is very impressive. It doesn't have the off the line grunt that the 35i has, but it provides reasonable torque and works very well.
Can you describe the "subtle quality of the ride" DHP adds in greater detail? What do the Dynamic Dampers do? Thanks again.

I don't know if it's deception or carelessness on BMW's part, but I've never seen a more confusing package option for a car in my entire life. I called BMW's customer support and the woman was clueless. She said I should speak to a salesperson at the dealer about this- the sales people all describe this different ways!
Appreciate 0