View Single Post
      10-07-2016, 08:37 AM   #13
RooiValk_ZA
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 28i Xdrive A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
Rooi, there has been expressed various opinions on this matter - I will give you mine.

I take it you will rotate wheels - not tyres.

There is no physical law that says you should not rotate your wheels - RFT:s or non-RFT:s -but you should maintain same direction of rotation for best mileage.

Runflats seem to be more sensitive to correct wheel alignment, but you don't have that, and it would not have mattered on your problem.

A/T:s are different from All Seasons. A/S are for those areas - and non-critical drivers- who will accept less steering precision during summer and risk loosing brake-performance during "light-winter".

Your A/T tyres are good on gravel and mud - not so on tarmac.

X-drive does not like tyres with different circumference - it makes the diffs work "unnecessary", but this does not apply to your problem - you are trying to maintain same wear on identical tyres.
good day,

this is correct, i meant "rotate the wheels" back to front and front cross backwards to ensure proper wear on all 4 tyres. apologies for my bad English.

all terrain tyres are popular in south africa on most SUV's and obviously pick ups. RFT are just to expensive and A/T's suite our roads a lot better. i just don't want some mechanical failure on diffs or electronics to fail due to me rotating the wheels to ensure proper wear and tear. so many people say you should not rotate and what not else.... at least all the tyres are the same size and the wear is quite similar, though the front ones do look more worn on the sides (due to cornering).

is there any recommendation in the sense of specific tyre brands/makes that really give good mileages and performance? i want comfort and am not a sporty driver (will now and then open up the taps for a short distance )
Appreciate 0