View Single Post
      06-04-2011, 05:59 AM   #6
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

For me the cost of the RFTs was one of the motivating factors -- a nail in the tire and it's a whole different ball game. Not really the end of the world at all, but more expensive than the regulars. This happened to me enough on the last car to pay for the insurance. Noted the huge convenience during a very busy time when the same happened to a friend and they just popped new tires on. No tire order, scheduling appointment, etc. No purchase of a tire immediately at an inflated (is that a pun?) price. That the insurance also includes the wheels themselves kind of sealed the deal for me considering the level of post-Winter potholes and beltway construction (not to mention DC in general). At the end of the day, it's insurance. If all goes well, it's money in a hole. When it's health it's clear which to hope for, when it's a tire it's not so clear to me which scenario shows the value!

When I got mine they said it covers "any tires" and any wheels within spec for the car. I did not ask specifically about non-RFT tires. On previous threads on the topic I believe folks said they were able to negotiate the price down -- it hadn't even occurred to me to try on something like this. Should have!