12-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post
am36, don't worry, I'm one of the few of us on here with a manual X3 and I can confirm that my car has hill start assist. I actually find the electronic handbrake quite good in that you can feel when it's going to release (it's a split second after you release the button) so it's not really an issue. If however, you're holding the car on the foot brake, the HSA will hold the car for a few seconds after you take your foot of the pedal - just enough time to get on the throttle and get the car moving.

I had a 2009 previous generation X3 before this one, and the HSA worked in exactly the same way.

My car's a 2013 model year 20d M Sport (built in September) so I'd guess it's pretty much identical to yours.

Hope ths helps, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
Thanks Kiernan - just the reassurance I was looking for! The area that I did my test drives around were pretty flat so I didn't get chance to notice how the car reacted in this scenario.
I wonder if it is 'officially' Hill start assist or just a design / safety feature when on an incline? Just seems strange that the 2013 brochure makes a deal of highlighting this as being on the 3.0 & 3.5d only. Anyway - really pleased!

Are you happy with the manual gearbox?

Cheers
- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0