View Single Post
      03-04-2011, 05:39 AM   #7
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Probably not this at all, but I had squeaking brakes on my 3-series soon after delivery, that reoccurred a few times, always at very low speeds.
I took it in a couple of times to be looked at, 1st time they found nothing, couldn't reproduce it, 2nd time, they said that was a normal artifact of the sensor that detects if brake discs are wet or something.

Can't remember the details now, but the E90/E91 (and I assume other BMW's) had this technology (combined with rain sensor I think) that would attempt to keep the brakes dry when it was raining.

So what the dealer explained was that it was this sensor that was causing some noise sometimes...

I'm not sure if I ever completely believed them, but they found nothing else wrong and did sound fairly clued up as to the setup of this sensor etc. (I know - clued up - dealer - surely not!)

Anyway, thought I'd share that fwiw.
BMW xdrive30d M Sport Space Grey, Black Nevada, Aluminium Trim, 19" 369M alloys, Prof. Media package, Visibility package, Access package, VDC, Sun Protection Glass, Front Seat Heating, Split-folding rear seats, Sun Blinds, Lumbar support, Extended Storage, Business Stereo, DAB, Tel. USB audio interface, 6NR, 614 Internet.
Appreciate 0